Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Growing Old - Some Words of Wisdom

The following are words of wisdom collected from emails. When I checked verification of an author on the internet, the Great Truths appeared on a number of websites. However, there is no indication of a particular author.

Great Truths about Growing Old:
1) Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
2) Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
3) When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you’re down there.
4) You’re getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
5) It’s frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
6) Time may be a great healer, but it’s a lousy beautician.
7) Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.

I also have no idea when the following was written or by whom. The one version that I received by email was called SUCCESS. I did find a different version on http://www.anvari.org/ called:

CIRCLE OF LIFE
At birth, success…… is breathing

At age 4, success…… is not peeing in your pants

At age 12, success…… is having friends

At age 16, success…… is having a driver's license

At age 20, success…… is having sex

At age 35, success.…... is having money

At age 50, success…… is having money

At age 60, success…… is having sex

At age 70, success…… is having a driver's license

At age 75, success…… is having friends

At age 80, success…… is not peeing in your pants

At age 90, success…… is breathing

The following poem was printed in a newspaper many years ago as Author Unknown.




Might’s Well Laugh….
(Dedicated to all of us who are getting “that way”!)

Just a line to say I’m living,
That I’m not among the dead,
Though I’m getting more forgetful
And more mixed up in my head.

For sometimes I can’t remember,
When I stand at foot of stair,
If I must go up for something,
Or I’ve just come down from there.

And before the frig so often,
My poor mind is filled with doubt,
Have I just put food away, or
Have I come to take some out?

With my night cap on my head,
I don’t know if I’m retiring
Or just getting out of bed.

So, if it’s my turn to write you,
There’s no need in getting sore,
I may think that I have written,
And don’t want to be a bore.

So, remember I do love you,
And wish that you were here,
But now it’s nearly mail time,
So I must say, “Goodbye Dear”.

There I stood beside the mailbox
With a face so very red,
Instead of mailing you my letter,
I opened it instead!

~~ Author Unknown ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment