Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 2010 Newsletter


THE PRESIDENT'S DOCK


JUNE, 2010



Hello from St. Maarten! No, wait! I'm not on my cruise anymore! I'm having such a difficult time adjusting to being back home….no one makes our bed and cleans our room while we're having breakfast. (Not to mention the cute little towel animals on our bed every night!) No one has entertainment planned for us throughout the day. No one seems to care anymore…….


I picked up brochures on how to make those towel animals and fold fancy napkins. My challenge will be to make the towel animals that won't resemble road kill and to see if you can fold papers napkins so they look fancy.


However, there are positive things to NOT being on a cruise:


We don't have to pray incessantly while we're in our car at home like we had

to do while taking a taxi racing around the narrow, hilly, roads on St. Thomas.


My husband and I can pass each other going in and out of our bathroom at home instead of having to wait for the other person to get completely out of the bathroom before you can go in. (On a positive note: you can sit on the potty, dry your hair, brush your teeth and put your make up on without having to get up!)


You're not tempted to over eat because people aren't putting food and dessert in front of you every night.


I'm not bombarded with jewelry and T-shirt shops everywhere I go. My husband did buy 3 T-shirts (supposedly in his size) for only $10.00. However, after I washed them they now fit our 5 year old grandson! Hmmmm! Who would have guessed?


The majority of our TV programs at home are in English.


You're probably thinking I won't go on another cruise….WRONG! I'd leave again tomorrow if I could. This was our 5th cruise. It is the best vacation value for your money and you can be as active or inactive as your want to be. I highly recommend cruising!


If you have a disability…don't worry. The cruise lines are very accommodating to everyone's needs.





No comments:

Post a Comment