Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Neighborhood Watch Report

Hello everyone, I just wanted to brief you on the happenings regarding our neighborhood watch here in Treasure Beach. I am happy to report that we have filled our vacancies for the time period from January 1 st thru April 29 th of 2006..Thatmsm the first 4 months of this year which means that we will only have to go through two more volunteer recruiting sessions before this year is over so there is still time to show your concern for Treasure Beach by volunteering a week of your time to patrol our streets. I will begin my request for help again probably some time the middle of April.

Recently our emergency cell phone for the neighborhood watch volunteers died. The phone was ready "to kick the bucket" - it had seen itms better times.. After making a telephone call to Sgt. Ricky Domingo in the Sheriffms office we received a new cell phone which is now back in the hands of our volunteer watch patrol. I can only thsnk Ricky for his help once again. This community owes much to Sgt. Ricky Domingoms efforts in the past as well.

I would like to welcome two of our newest volunteer members to the Neighborhood Watch- George Collins and Stephen & Phyllis Abbott who will be doing the watch for their first time. Of course, I would like to mention the names of our fine neighbors who have volunteered in the past few months - Lou Gai, Bill and Marion Libby, Peggy Berrier, Joe Fell, Doug Berndt, Ron and Michelle Harvey and Doug and Sheila Martin. Also, Bobbie Cleveland and Rick Kresge]who useto volunteer all the timebut have either sold or in the process of selling their home.I apologize to anyone whose name I may have not acknowledged. After all I am 65 years old now and my memory may not be as sharp as it once was.

There is an issue for which our committee will be addressing very soon and that is the fire-destroyed trailer located on Barco Road. Mr. Acosta of St. Johns County Code Enforcement will be contacted to have the owner of this trailer either promptly rebuild or promptly remove. This housing unit is a safety hazard and a vermin attraction. It is also an leyesoren in this community. I believe, if my mind serves me, that this trailer burnt down in the spring/summer of 2005. Time has past giving the owner time to get this straightened out but it appears that he/she has abandoned this unit and is willing to just let it stand there. If the owner reads this and would like to talk to me I would be happy to listen so I can find out his intentions. My phone is (471-1579).

Respectfully Submitted,

Charlie Novak

Neighborhood Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment